Amazon Web Services is the world’s most popular wide-range and largely implemented cloud-based platform. Amazon Web Services offers reliable, scalable, flexible, easy-to-use, and cost-effective cloud computing solutions.
Aws is developed with the combination of the SAAS(Software as a service), IAAS(infrastructure as a service), PAAS(platform as a service). Just a few of the well-known companies that use S3 are Netflix, Dropbox, Pinterest, and Tumblr.
In this paragraph we are going to discuss the Aws, Aws is the Subsidiary of Amazon that offers Cloud Computing Services at a reasonable price that is suitable for small business firms like Pinterest that has only 5 Employees, now it has millions of working employees.
What is Cloud Storage?
Cloud storage is an online service where data is stored, accessed, and backed up quickly by users on the internet. It is more scalable, secure, and reliable than traditional on-premises storage systems.
Cloud storage is available in two models:
- Pay only for what you use
- Pay monthly
Amazon Simple Storage Service
- Amazon s3 has a simple service interface that can be used to store and retrieve any amount of data from anywhere on the web.
- Amazon Simple Storage Service is an object storage service that provides industry-leading scalability, data availability, and security.
- Therefore, customers of all sizes and from a range of industries can utilize it for a range of uses, such as big data analytics, data lakes, websites, mobile applications, backup and restore, archive, enterprise applications, IoT devices, and backup and restore.
- Amazon S3 provides easy-to-use management features so you’ll organize your data and configure finely-tuned access controls to satisfy your specific business, organizational, and compliance requirements.
- Amazon S3 is designed for 99.999999999% (11 9’s) of durability, and stores data for millions of applications for companies all around the world.
Advantage of Amazon S3
The Amazon S3 storage platform was intentionally designed to emphasize simplicity and robustness with minimal features. Hosting on Amazon S3 lets users store a huge amount of data at a very low cost.
Following are some of the advantages of using Amazon S3:
- Building buckets – Create buckets and name them as needed to store data. Buckets are the fundamental containers in Amazon S3 for storing data.
- Storing data – Store an unlimited amount of data in a bucket. In a bucket on Amazon S3, you can upload as many objects as you like. The maximum amount of data stored on any single object is 5 TB. Objects are stored and retrieved using a unique developer-assigned key.
- Downloading data – You can download your data or allow others to do so, anytime you like.
- Permissions – give or deny access to others while downloading or uploading data in your AWS bucket. Grant permissions to three types of users for uploading and downloading. Authentication mechanisms can help keep data secure from unauthorized access.
- Standard interfaces – Use standards-based REST and SOAP interfaces designed to work with any internet-development toolkit.
- Data Redundancy — Buckets are duplicated as well so there will always be accessible with no redundancy.
Types of AWS Storage
AWS offers the following Services For Storage purposes:
We’ll eventually take an in-depth look at the S3 service. But before we get to that, let’s have a look at how things were before we had the option of using Amazon S3.
- Snowball Edge
AWS S3 Benefits
Some of the benefits of AWS S3 are:
- Low cost
- Simple data transfer
Let’s have a look at some of the major components of the AWS S3 storage service.
AWS Buckets and Objects
An object consists of data, key (assigned name), and metadata. A bucket is used to store objects. Beacause When data is added to a bucket, Amazon S3 creates a unique version ID and allocates it to the object.
S3 uses a standards-based, HTTP-based Representational State Transfer interface. The AWS SDK or the REST API can be used to send requests to the service’s pre-defined endpoint. Also, you can reach out using SOAP, HTTP GET, and BitTorrent protocol.
Applications of AWS services
Amazon Web services are widely used for various computing purposes like:
- Website hosting
- Application hosting/SaaS hosting
- Media Sharing (Image/ Video)
- Mobile and Social Applications
- Content delivery and Media Distribution
- Storage, backup, and disaster recovery
- Development and test environments
- Academic Computing
- Search Engines
- Social Networking
Companies using AWS
- Make my Trip
- Dream 11
How to get free hosting for your website?