Hey Folks you are here means your setting up your WordPress site but don’t know how to do that. Well, this blog is for you. In this blog, I will try to make things clear on how to setup wordpress. Just follow along.
As we all know about wordpress is a free and open-source CMS, so their plenty of ways to get it. Well, I prefer to install it locally and make the site then shift to my hosting. So first I will tell you how to set up a wordpress environment for your local (windows and Linux) using Xampp
Using xampp is one of the simplest tools to create an apache server locally. You can install xampp from this link.
- Install Xampp simply install it.
- Download wordpress from this link.
- Extract the wordpress zip/tar file.
- Windows: to your C:\xampp\htdocs (i made a mess please ignore the other folders)
- Linux: to your /opt/lampp/htdocs
- Start xampp through a command in Linux “sudo /opt/lampp/lampp start” enter your system password. In windows, you can start it directly using application just open it start apache, and MySQL server.
- It creates a local environment that you can access using any of the browsers just type localhost.
- You have to setup database for your site, so now enter “localhost/phpmyadmin” in url and hit enter.
- Create a new database of any name you like. (I hope you didn’t change the folder name of wordpress after extraction if you did just enter that name). In Linux, you have to give the wordpress extracted folder which is placed in htdoc the permission to read/write.
- In URL enter “localhost/wordpress” and the wordpress setup wizard would appear which connects your site with the database. Enter the database name which you previously created, change the host to localhost, and username to root, and remove the text password form password.
- The next panel is for your site title and all just username and password is what is important here copy and past the username and password somewhere.
- Then click on install wordpress
The next step is to enter the URL “localhost/wordpress/wp-admin” enter username and password to log in. That is it …..